Every Dad dreams of having his very own ‘man cave’. A private space, where he is free from the stresses of the day-to-day, a place where he can escape for a while and regain his strength. Some of the best man caves in the world are modelled of those owned by superheroes. Whether he is a fan of the Bat Cave, Iron Man’s Stark Towers Penthouse or needs something a little quieter like Superman’s Fortress of Solitude, Father’s Day is the perfect time for you to help Dad unleash that superhero inside.
I have put together my five picks for your Dad to begin to create his very own man cave, after all he’s your superhero and every superhero deserves a place where they can
design their ultimate costume and clean their utility belt, sorry I mean, relax and recuperate.
1. Man Cave Chalkboard Print by Almond Tree Designs – $19.95 It is extremely important to establish the space and boundaries of the man cave. Dad will love this humorous chalk board print by Almond Tree Designs. He can hang it in his study, the garage or wherever he has declared in the home ‘man cave’ territory!
2. Brau Twin Wall Mug 500ml (Set of 2) by Avanti – $19.95 Naturally all superheroes need to hydrate themselves and these 500 ml mugs will be perfect for Dad and his sidekick to enjoy a cold one. They’re double walled for insulation maintaining the temperature, meaning Dad’s beer will stay nice and cold. Plus, they are dishwasher safe and come with ten years warranty.
3. Zen Bean Bag Set by Epona – $189.95
A ‘man cave’ needs to be a laid back and relaxed space, where Dad’s stress and troubles can fade away. I can assure you, he will love lounging on his very own Zen Bean Bag Set by Epona. Crafted from PU Ostrich leather, the Zen Bean Bag Set is strong, durable but still superhero comfortable.
4. 746 Traditional Retro Rotary Dialling Telephone by GPO – $119.95
I am sure your Dad will remember the 1960s version of Batman. Just to put it into perspective, a typical episode usually began with Commissioner Gordon, along with Chief O’Hara contacting Batman about the peril that Gotham City is facing via the Batphone – a bright red telephone that provides a direct phone link to Batman. Well guess what? Dad can now have his very own Batphone! These vintage style phones by GPO are designed to look exactly like phones of the past whilst incorporating modern technology to ensure compatibility with modern telephone lines. So Dad can now fight crimes or order himself a pizza – his choice!
5. Chess Set – Small by Café Lighting – $279.95
Although Dad might not have the capacity to turn invisible, stop a bus in its tracks or fly to the moon and back, he can certainly work on his mental endurance and strength. After all, Dads have to endure work stress, family life and finances on a daily basis. The classic game of chess is the perfect way for Dad to challenge his brain whilst enjoying some personal time.
6. Attache Case Turntable/Vinyl Record Player by GPO – $199
The final touch to any man cave is a music system. I am sure Dad, given his age, will love this vintage style suitcase record player from GPO. Made of wood and bound in leatherette, this briefcase styled record player features a built in stereo so you can tune in without needing a speaker system. A USB is also supplied so you can record your favourite vinyl and enjoy it in digital format. How cool is that? Dad’s superhero inspired playlist might include, Snoop Dogg’s ‘Batman & Robin’, Black Sabbath’s ‘Iron Man’, Prince’s ‘Bat Dance’ or Queen’s ‘Flash’ – the choice is his!
But you better act quick, Father’s Day is just around the corner, but It’s not too late to surprise the superhero in your life. Make your Dad feel extra special this Fathers Day!